I have used the helmet since summer 2016 and now it’s spring.
This helmet is probably one of the most popular & reviewed helmets out there but here is my review. I was so satisfied with this helmet I ordered the exact model for the second time.
I will never do mountain biking without a full face helmet,even For just commutes I use this helmet.
- Very comfortable & secure fit, This is the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn so far.
- Lightweight, you might notice the weight, over a normal helmet, but I got used to it, now it feels super light.
- Good air flow, the ears stay cool, and every thing else, but of course the motofoam in the front of the chin guard will, of course, give less air flow, so on really hot days you might notice the extra heat, but it does not bother me.
- double D-ring
- does not scratch easily.
- the carbon shell makes this a very durable helmet, unlike helmets with plastic shells, that dent just by hits from some small branches, the carbon shell won’t crack or dent even if the bike the back of it in a downhill fall.
- the inserts are easy to remove.
I have not had any issues with this helmet apart for the chin guard skirting.
I used a 2014 model, the shell got loose so it will be returned.
and the strap sleeve had damaged button, but this must have been someone in a store that managed to damage it, but with the 2016 helmet I have not had any issues with the buttons, which I was not sure about would hold up, but so far they did.
If there is anything else I will update you on it,but so far I love this helmet.