These tires give excellent grip, but they, of course, don’t stop you from sliding on very slippery ice when you turn too fast or brake too hard, no tyre will.
the strong stink goes away after few weeks of use so the stink will not irritate you when you got the bike indoors.
after about 4 months of use, there were some cracks in the tyres, which have been caused by broken glass, some studs fell out some snapped in half, but studs can be replaced.
- sticky well gripping tyre
- the tyre is stiff enough for the studs to sit securely, which is not the case for WXC 300
- good pattern, that helps with getting the mud away and gripping the surface.
- Does not lose studs easily
- fast rolling
- they can last several seasons, at least 2 or 3 probably more if you are not too crazy with them. Since 2016 I have put these tyres through its paces with hard single track, riding on ice, riding street, I have dropped jumped, I rode down & upstairs, and they survived.
- they are not as loud as WXC 300
- due to the 2.1 studded tyre will feel like horrible no matter of the rim width, with a lot of vibrations,lowering pressures means folding & hitting the rim, for this to not happen I have to add 4 psi more from usual setup, so instead of 28psi rear it’s 32 psi rear & 28 psi front, so when the Esi grips wore out & got softer my hands hurt due to the massive increase in vibrations.
- they got a strong stink to them when they are new, which last few weeks.
about 4 months of use:
If you don’t mind the harsh ride, But proper grips help, and you want durable tyres these will do the job, But I might try bigger tyres, but be as durable as Gazza Extremes 294.
Check out Tommi Kivimäki‘s review & set up of Suomi Tyres Gazza Extremes 294:
Suomi Stud tool: