i have ridden thsi fork in the winter only in 2014 in about 5 to -2 degrees c
but 2015/2016 winter i ridden it alot in – 6 degrees celsius,but the coil became notisable stiffer at -6 degrees celsius
I had this fork on a 2010 trek 6300 disc, and thspring/coil was way too soft after i got over 70kg. so i upgraded to the 100mm coil 11.4015.437.090.
after the shop changed coil, the plastic preload adjustment screw failed,here you can see that the threads are stripped off.that resulted in 20mm loss of travel,and the coil scratching agist the crown.
here you can see how i bodged it,with a gripend,but of course i no longer have prelaod adjsutment.
i had lubed the stanchions every week,cleaned the bike when it got some dirt on it.
This fork was not my biggest priority at the time, i got more bikes, so i got thsi fork on my trek 3900 witch is my spare and winter bike.
the 6300 disc got a 2011 Marzocchi Corsa SL RC
now know who import sram/rockshox to nroway so i can buy directly from them, but before I did not know and the bike shops could not get parts for forks.
I have jumped ridden technical downhill without any issues,but of course the preload adjustment broke and I lost travel.
- much better that the Sr suntour forks at similar price.
- seals last long time after 4 years it got few small cracks(withc isww prettyy good in my opinion, the seals on the 2011 sr suntour xcm fork worn out jsut in few weeks)
- the pop lock remote works smoothly, and does not take up too much space.
- can be upgraded to solo air. witch I want to do.
- acceptable with.
- don’t notice flex when braking, jumping 1 meter or doing stunts, riding down stairs or shredding the local trails.(when having the wheel between your legs and the fork in your hands you can of course notice flex)
- travel can be increased up to 120 mm or decreased to 80mm
- prelaod adjsutment screw is made out of palstic so it wears out too fast.
- the Reboudt adjustment umbraco key will fall off when you ride. so you better set it up how you want it and take it off.
- i got the blue coil installed, and i turned the rebound dampenign to max, but its still too fast.
- Lack of proper adjustment, the fork has preload and rebound adjsutment,but the rebound adjustment range is too small.
- the coil spring snapped
decent body but bad internals,with low durability, so i can’t recommend this model.