I have used these shoes for 3 months.
The shoe is flexible the right way(up) but not too flexible, but won’t bend down(very important if you ride hard & ride on gnarly trails and jump, this result in a shoe that is very comfortable to walk in, the Impact shoes much stiffer, but they are still quite comfortable to walk in, I even played soccer with them once, but definitely not ideal for that use, obvious reasons.
But the Freerider ESP is comfortable when running, the sole bends as much as running shoes upwards, I think the Freerider shoe is a well thought out shoe.
I have seen reviews of this shoe, saying that they will not be so warm on very cold days, but I assume they did not wear wool sock, Like I do, I have not had any issues with cold feet with these shoes. of course there is a limit to the isolation,I wear size 44, and there is room for 2 pairs of wool socks.
I have used the Freerider esp down to -11 Celsius, with 2 wool socks, I stayed warm.
- The laces don’t wear out, after months of use they are like new, unlike the 2015 Impact shoes.
- The long tongue that extends higher than the shoe it self.
- Very easy to tie and untie, when tying the laces, i bend my legs down and tie the shoe, with few millimetre of room between the laces and the tongue, which gives perfect tightness,without Hurting , and when doing it this way I know it’s going to be right, if I do it this way, I can tuck the laces on to the side.
- the shoe laces don’t untie if you tighten them properly.
- Easy to take off, the tongue won’t restricts you from taking the shoes on and off fast.
- The Tongue stays in place.
- waterproof, there is no way water will come in,(unless it gets in the upper part of your socks).
- the tip of the shoe is stiff, I hit some hard surfaces, few times and I did not even feel it.
- maybe reinforcing the shoe lace holes for more durability, other than this I can’t think of anything, Time will tell how long this will last.
The Freerider ESP is the most comfortable winter shoes I have ever used, I have used winter boots and winter shoes from several brands, none of them can compare to Five Ten.
So far it’s the only proper winter cycling flat/platform shoe.
I think the Freerider shoe is a well thought out shoe.
I will, of course, update you on further developments.
Kan kjøpes her:
Norwegian stores:,Norske butikker.
Can be bought here:
https://www.bike24.de/1.php?content=8;product=185863;menu=1000,18,58 (does not ship to all countries)
https://www.bike24.de/p1185877.html (does not ship to all countries)