So this remote is actually not something I would use.
but here is what I have to say about it:
So far I have only ridden 2 trips with this remote.
if the suspension is set up correctly, and the geometry on the bike is decent, I don’t need a lockout, with my back issues I ride with as soft suspension as possible without bottoming out.
The new design definitely is a lot better in terms of ergonomics, it’s much easier to sue, similar to a shifter, the levers pop back in place fast, påressing the levers are very easy.
Make sure the screw/bolt is torqued properly, use thread locker. if it’s not all the way in, the remote will lock the suspension on bumps.
As long as you keep the bolt tight there should not be any issues, I tried to jump, ride over rock gardens, it looks like it’s only a loose bolt that can cause problems.
The screw came with red thread locker, but it did not make it was just a tiny bit, Always apply thread locker, and let it cure overnight, to avoid issues like this.
It also came with little a bit of red grease might be Weldtite, I don’t know, but it had the same color.
As have many plastic parts, ITs not as durable as metal of course, but it’s unlikely that you hit the remote in a crash.
- Hinged clamp, which I think is a must on any cockpit device.
- easy ergonomic lever design almost like a shifter, very easy & comfortable to use.
- you have to remove the Cover to change the wires, for me it’s not a problem, buts it’s not as user-friendly as it could be, but it works.
- The Remote keeps the wire under tension for unlocked suspension, So if you damage the remote you got stiff / locked out suspension.
- The small lever, is very easy to actuate, so accidental knee hits will lock the fork.
- The plastic cover is flimsy and not durable, and it moves when the big lever comes back fast.
- The cover failed after few rides, it might be caused by the big lever returning so fast, I had the bike leaning against a wall, the cover was not leaning against anything, I picked it up to ride, and I the cover fell off, I ma sure this was not caused by over-torquing the screw, or a crash,because I haven’t done neither.
- the lock gets actuated by vibration
- the is no barrel adjusters.
Too flawed design with plastic cover, I can’t recommend this remote.