04.10.2019 I revised the review, improved some things.
The straps are fatiguing shoulder & neck area with heavier loads, But as long as don’t stuff the backpack full with heavy stuff, it’s fine.
- The pack got a lot of room for everything you really need for a ride plus more, if you want to use it for grocery shopping you can, I can fit 2 cola bottles or 2 1,5 milk cartons,3 1 L cartons
- upper pocket got 2 Compartments with an elastic band which is perfect for a wallet and a helmet light battery charger, I sue one for Gemini Xera light battery charger and the other one for my wallet. And it’s perfect a smartphone & Go Pro mounts, small chargers.
- the top pocket got keyholder
- soft material inside the pocket so you don’t scratch your camera lens smartphone, I can fit a Sony experia XZ Premium smartphone in the pocket but any bigger phone won’t fit, but I prefer to have it in short pocket instead.
back protector comes at 145 grams with feels like nothing
side pockets with elastic band, which is great if you forgot to fill up the Hydrapak and just wants to buy a bottle of juice or soda or to keep shopping bags i
no matter how aggressive riding I did, jumping, riding in stairs, the zippers staid in place
Side waist pocket, which is perfect for rubber gloves or a small snack
the plastic zipper extension failed.
The Velcro got work out, it was not gripping.
The belt keeps the backpack from bouncing. The Velcro got worn out worn after about 2 years of use, so it did not stay in place by itself, but with buckle strap, it stays in place still after 3 years. But if you need new Velcro straps you can buy new and sew them on, so that’s not really an issue. The buckle & the other plastic parts still work great.
27 march 2018 it snapped, which is not surprising at all. But not too bad.
eventually the other snapped few months later.
I fixed it with a zip ties.
It has a strap for mounting rear light.
The helmet holder is also nice for securing toilet paper or anything similar when you are grocery shopping.
March 21, 2019
the zipper failed during a ride.
I stopped to take take my phone out, and it failed, good I did that, cus it might have fallen out out if I did not, I knew it showed signs of wear, but it failed eventually not a surprise, the zipper is sliding on the stitching until destruction.
It was time for a new backpack.
The buckles and straps were still in great condition.
This hook is permanently secured and secures the drinking hose.
- the logos will start to peel off after one season of use.
- The zipper gets cough on this spot so I had to use my fingers to move this bump out of the way.
- if you use the helmet holder for an xc or trail helmet, make sure you get the front down and all the way in otherwise it will be too loose
- you have to have the zippers on the side or it will take in water because of the gap in the 2 step zipper
- to get most comfortable fit, loosen all straps, let the back pack sag down, until it bottom outs, it will bottom out somewhere with the stomach belt under the navel, then tighten the bottom straps where you feel right, and then the chest strap, it’s not perfect comfort at all times, but it will result in the most comfortable fit possible with this back pack.
After 3 years it it shows signs of wear.
And I bought a Neo 16 L backpack.
Flickr Album: https://wp.me/p60aTF-u3