I strongly advise against buying this helmet.
having a safe helmet is important, this one is not that safe because the adjustment mechanism can fail anytime.
the way it is made it’s impossible for it to not fail.
- the adjustment strap is big,and poorly made feels and very flimsy
- the cushion on side are poorly made and they are glued together and not stitched, so you will get glue on your head
- sun guard is too short to be effective,
- the price is high compared to some other much better and comfortable helmets.
- the net on the front of the helmet does not stop flies or anything really,too big holes so pointless to have them
- the red rear light is weak but that is to expected from a so small light with this kind of battery
- the cost, you can get a much safer and better helmet for the same price or just little more.
- good ventilation
- red rear light
- the helmet will fit big heads (my size 51-60 cm)
I have been unlucky with my helmets from met 2 out of 3 of them were faulty
the first one was a red version, the rear of the helmet had cracked so much that it almost fell off I just ripped it off with my fingers, this was just few months a with riding I never dropped the helmet(of course some in the store could have abused it)
i could not see any serial number,i did not have the place to store the broken helmet so i thrown it away, I cant proof I did not actually break the helmet anyway,but I of course did not.
this did only happen with one of the helmets.
i forgot to contact Met about this issue, but I did it now in 2016 bit late I know.
the part in the yellow above is showing the part that fell off,
in my opinion the helmet should not have so many sharp edges and strange forms,it will reduce the protection.
helmet nr.3 the screw holding the adjustment knob jumped out, it did not happen with the helmet nr 2
and can feel uncomfortable on some heads,
note that this is in no way an attack against the MET helmet company,just facts,info and my opinions