I am happy with the protection products from POC.
I have not had a bad crash in these I can’t say what will happen exactly,but I assume they will do pretty well.
- side zip venting, it is perfect for me, I can use the shorts in the spring and autumn and some mild winter days.
- I use size 32, but I use the waist adjustment, but if would get chubby they would still fit.
- the adjustment straps are perfect,i do not have the need for a belt,this is perfect for me because I hate to use belts when cycling.
- the right zip pocket will fit a smart normal size smart phone, my cat s50 fits perfectly.
- can use a belt,but i prefer to use the Velcro straps instead.
- zippers are smooth
- good length,I ride the shorts in the fall/autumn,I wear the shin and knee pads, with keeps me warm but not too warm, but of course when its winter I wear my craft rain pants over the poc stuff.
- strong threads/stitching
- excellent and smooth zippers,and the button make it simple and easy to takeo n and off.
- The shorts should be longer.
- the big Poc logo on the side might eventually fall off afther use and wash , as can be seen here: i use 800rpm/ gentle wash, this is pretty common issue with printed logos, i got 2 pairs 1 in baron blue and oen in black ,this happend on the black shorts,but i have used&washed the baron blue one more. i do not know why this happend so fast with htese shorts and did not happend on the blue shorts.ihave a adidas jacket, and this happend with it too,but this was with years of use,and now its crackign and falling off,so i was supriced so see it happenign to the poc short so fast.
- the fabric under the bottom show signs of wear, but nothing major it’s only on the inside,these 2 were the only signs of wear I have seen on the shorts so far.so fat it only happen on the black short.when you wear it the bottom tilts to the left and is rubbing the fabric,so it wears.
- get bit hot in above 25 degrees Celsius
If you can get Poc Resistance strong shorts instead get them.
The short is almost perfect, but need improvment on the button.