The Mucky Nutz is is more secure, or getting hit than Ass Savers large ,which will easily fall of when hit or or pulled,but the Mucky Nutz will not fall off unless extreme forces are applied.
- Provides pretty good protection a gianst mud from the rear tyre.
- when hit from above or under side it will stay in place.
- it will stay in place without any issues when you ride.
- does a very bad job at keeping you mud free, unless you only sit on the saddle. just look at this video:
- its hanging down a bit.
- when hit hard from the side it can snap out of place and fall off, if you crash or for example when you are getting on the bike by pulling your leg up, so be careful if you do it this way,this is not really a big issue.
- can be bit tricky to take off,but that depends on the seat post design,i got the 2014 Bontrager seat post on my fuel ex 7.On the 2014
- will not fit every saddle there is, the 2014 Bontrager Evoke 2 saddle the Fender will not stick up like this but will hand about 5 degrees down.
- there will still be dirt coming from the rear tyre but if you got a backpack or jacket on it does not matter, i use a Evoc Fr Enduro Team and the bottom part of it get bit dirty, but for me that’s not a issue,the main reason for this fender is to protect your pants or shorts being muddy.
I can’t recommend any saddle mounted fenders, its best to have a fender mounted on the seat stays, so it protects the pivots, and the dropper seat post.