the lens protection system does not work as shown in this picture,you can see pro downhill riders using these goggles but never seen one with lens protection on.but sponsored riders got some spare goggles.
- The version with dots stays in place good grip in the band,the triple striped grip less.
- they are quite comfortable,the Nano-Foam is soft the plastic frame is flexing to fit the shape of your face.
- the tear off system does not work I tuck the plastic sense protector inside the gap where the head band goes, and bend it do not get in the way.
- lens protector’s hole part rip easily, so I taped it instead of using it as intended.
- Just after few weeks the show signs of wear. the Nano-Foam can easily tear apart, mine have issue with the section on my nose, and some on the sides the mesh loosened,but the foam fill wear off on every goggle on the market.
- no spare Nano-Foam mesh.
- some of the clear coat on the inside of the plastic glass fell off. I noticed it after cleaning the goggles,after months of use it got worse.
- it would be nice with a solution that makes it possible to change the mesh with easy thing like if you need to replace the foam you need to order from Amazon or some where else where they sell foam for goggles, but Adidas and sport stores do not sell replacement foam,that wear out, if it does not you are not using the goggles.
- the elastic band stretched out on the triple stripe version, so I needed to tighten it more, on the tot version it did not.
- The triple striped grips crack.
- in hot days the foam will get soaked of sweat and the sweat splashes on the inside of the lens,which result in the goggle stinking after just 1 or 2 days of use.
The only Norwegian online store that sell lenses for pinner goggles: http://www.tromsoskiogsykkel.no/ski/utstyr/skibriller/adidas-pinner-goggle-lens-clear
the only foam replacement kit I found is this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1o6RFXYoIM
because of the lack of foam and venting which result in you getting soaked of sweat,and lack of durability and a lens that snaps out way too easily I can’t recommend this goggle.