its not a bike specific light but,i need a decent light for commuting, but its a horrible choice if you use it at max power for long distances after few days you need new batteries, So I can’t recomend this light for mountain biking.
so i got my self LED Lenser M7 LED (Item no. 7439) flashlight,
i got a clamp too it fits thick bars and comes with rubber spacers os it can fit on thinner handlebars.
its not a cheap light but the good light are often expensive.
if you crash or get off the pedal and hit the light you will push the light out or almost out of the clamp,but during rides it does not slide out.
- light light adjustment
- made of metal so its strong,but its heavier than plastic lights of course
- nice button on the back with nice feel,and click.
- pattern for extra grip
- good battery cartridge, you cant get the batteries or cartridge stuck inside the light.
- Last about 6 Hours with energizer max power batteries, after 6 hours it is getting too weak to ride with
- lights up way too small area,its useless for riding fast in dark woods or paths/trails.
- it should be water proof but i got damp inside on the inside behind the glass,but i have ridden in some really bad rain.
Bracket item No. 7799-PT
- tool less easy to mount the clamp/mount
- easy to take off the clamp/mount
- clamp got turning joint so you can’t adjust the light for the right angle
- after more than 1 season the light began to slip forward when riding hard, but that can be fixed with some rubber or tape.
This is a ok flash light, but not a bike light, way too narrow and short beam.
Buy a proper bike light.